Black River Bonsai offers a consignment program for quality products or plants you wish to sell. Any plant or tree you wish to enter into the program must be healthy and free from disease or pests.
The standard consignment fee is 40% of the sale price.
Additional terms are as follows:
- Sale by Consignment. The Consignee may, at its sole discretion, accept Products for sale from the Consignor who shall ship/hand-deliver such Products (at their own expense) on consignment to the Consignee, subject to and in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Ownership of Products. Title to property and ownership in all Products shall remain with the Consignor, until such time as their removal may be directed by the Consignee, or until such time as they may be disposed of by bona fide sale. At any time, and from time to time, the Consignor may require the return of all or some of their Products on the provision of a 5-day written notice. However, Product in-and-out will not be permitted. Once Products are removed from inventory they cannot be resubmitted, except for special circumstances.
- Condition of Products. The Consignee will keep the Products free from any lien, security interest or encumbrance adverse to the ownership interest of the Consignor, and shall maintain the Products in good condition. If the Product is a living plant, the Consignor certifies that they are free of diseases and pests. The Consignor will make all reasonable effort to keep the plants free of disease and pests but will not be held responsible for any damage or loss due to disease or pest.
- Return of Products. The Consignee may determine Products are not a good fit for the shop based on customer feedback, price point or other factor, and may request Consignor to pick up product within a reasonable amount of time (within 2 weeks of initial contact.) If Consignor does not pick up Products in reasonable time, Consignee reserves the right to liquidate Products at Consignee’s discretion.
- Efforts to Sell. The Consignee will display the Products in a prominent place on the website, and may transport the Products to another location for in-person sales, to sell the Products at or above the agreed-upon retail price. The Consignee must obtain approval of the Consignor before offering the Products for sale at less than their agreed-upon Retail Prices.
- Payment for Products (Commissions). The Consignor shall submit an inventory form for all Products shipped or hand-delivered to the Consignee for approval, pursuant to the terms of this Agreement. The Consignee will place all product indicated in database as inventory. In the event of a sale, the Consignee will pay to the Consignor the agreed consignment rate for Products sold. Payments to the Consignor will be made electronically using a mutually agreed-upon method or by electronic check within seven days of sale. Any payment processing fees resulting from these payments will be the responsibility of the Consignor.
- Risk of Loss, Theft or Damage. Consignee will do all it can to prevent theft or damage of Products, but does not assume any responsibility for lost, stolen or damaged Products.
- Insurance. Consignee will only carry insurance for the Consignee’s interests. Consignors are encouraged to contact their homeowner’s or business insurance agent to properly insure their own Products. It is recommended Consignor keep a detailed list of all Products placed into inventory with a photo for documentation.
- Consignee requests exclusivity of Products and Consignor may not list the Products for sale using any other venue while in the Inventory of the consignee.
- Neither Party may assign this Agreement or any interest herein without the other Party’s express prior written consent.
- Consignee will collect and pay all sales tax on behalf of the Consignor. Consignee may distribute a 1099 at year-end for items sold, when applicable or by request.
Persons interested in consignment sales should use the Contact Us page to begin the process.